The day began slow and steady just like that first turn out of the station and up the hill. Our school day was great and I felt the thrill and excitement just like when you reach the top of the hill and the release of a loud scream as the car races down the track. Aidan's reading has progressed so much and he gets so excited about reading three pages. Nathan gets excited about doing an interview on one of the characters in his current book and it involves writing! He does not normally get excited about anything related to writing. Alexis writes a beautiful acrostic of her name and Noelle begs for more school work. After school the ride took a pleasant turn and I enjoyed a conversation with a sweet friend. I had a couple of hours to get some mail together, plan for dinner, and get the kids ready to be gone the rest of the afternoon and into the evening. We went by the post office and then to subway to grab sandwiches for dinner. I then dropped Alexis off at her musical rehearsal and took the boys and Noelle to the field Nathan would be playing on tonight. I warmed Nathan and Aidan up by practicing batting and pitching. Then Nathan's team arrived and I took Aidan across the street to another field. The ride got a little bumpy at this point.Both boys had games at 1700 at different locations. I made the decision to watch the first part of Aidan's game since I missed the first part of his game last week. About thirty minutes into the game I left the field and went over to watch Nathan's game. Nathan's game ended and I had to race over to the field to pick up Aidan. Aidan's game had already ended and he was just playing all by himself at the park. The team and the coach had all left. We had a plan in case something like this happened. He was only waiting five minutes and he was surrounded by people and children but it killed me. I felt terrible. I asked him if he was scared and he said, "a little". The ride took a hard turn...I felt awful. I thanked God he was okay and that he did what we talked about in the event something like this happened. My day was not over. I now had to go over to the chapel to meet Alexis and to go to band practice. The chapel currently does not offer childcare so I have to ask my children to do something quietly in the chapel while I play and sing. They always behave so well and tonight was no exception. My focus was off but practice was still a time of worship. After practice it was finally time to come home! Tomorrow is garbage day so we all worked together to put the trash out and the recyclables. We all got into our jammies, brushed our teeth, and I put the kiddos to bed. Finally the ride was over. I really think yesterday's post was to prepare me for today. I persevered today...I want so much to say at the end of this race that I have finished well. I will continue to "fix my eyes on the author and perfecter of my faith".
Missing my man so much today and every day! I continue to just thank God for the wonderful husband he is that I would miss him so much!
With a thankful heart,
Angela
 |
| The birds we have been watching. They are growing bigger and growing more hair! |
 |
| Nathan in the dugout checking on the birds. |
No comments:
Post a Comment