Today while playing softball and baseball with my children on the field we all got to witness a precious new baby bird's birthday! The last few weeks we have known about this egg inside this perfect nest in the dugout. In fact we have another nest we are watching that is under our deck that has three eggs inside it. We all got to look at the baby bird while the mommy and daddy bird went to get food for the baby bird. We then watched both the mommy and daddy bird feed their new baby. One of the birds flew off while I took pictures and one stayed the whole time and just kept an eye on me. All five of us were so taken by this family. We couldn't help but smile as we watched the worm dangle from the both birds mouths and hearing the sound of the baby bird that was faint but clear. The interaction was precious. All the beauty in this moment spoke to me. It spoke to my children. We all just stood in awe of the creator of these birds. Tonight I felt such comfort in knowing what God says in His word about the birds..."Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in
barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more
valuable than they." Matthew 6:26.
I know I am so much more valuable than the birds of the air. He did not create the birds in His image. Birds are not promised eternal life. Yesterday I wrote about how I want help with my children, I want someone to laugh with and be silly with and so much more. I need to learn to rely on God to meet these needs in my life. The deployment is about the new life I have in Christ. This time is about teaching me to rely on God and no one else and nothing else! All my strength is derived from HIM!
Dear Ones! You are valuable. You don't need to worry. God will take care of You if you will let Him.
Angela
 |
| The happy family |
 |
| Mommy bird and her new baby bird! |
2 comments:
You sharing, and being vulnerable during this time is amazing. When I read your words, I imagine you sitting there and typing. I cry with you, and I laugh with you.
Your words have encouraged to me to look at my life, and Trust in God with my situations.
God is working in all of your lives, and I am so glad you choose to share it this way.
Love you so much!
Thanks Sis! You are the best friend a girl could ever have! Love you
Post a Comment