Friday, April 20, 2012

Deployment Day 14: We have an address!


We finally have an address so we can send Michael some comforts from home. We finished packing one box today and are working on another one. I love filling the box with things not only for Michael but for the other soldiers he works with. I got an email from a friend in my Protestant Women of the Chapel (PWOC) bible study stating she had some girl scout cookies for me to send to my husband. This morning she dropped off 6 boxes to send to him. The box also contains wet wipes, a personal hot water kettle, and some other luxuries that we take for granted. Plus, some snacks! Here are couple pictures of box number one.

Michael updated his blog today! He shares some of his most recent adventures. You can check it out here... http://cptcaveman.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/a-day-in-the-life/

I am really tired. The kids and I are staying busy with baseball and softball season and I have picked up a few extracurricular activities myself. As if I need more :)  I am hoping to find some time to relax tomorrow. Although, the weekends are the hardest without my honey that I may need to keep myself busy to distract myself from the ache and his absence. I just love my man. I am doing fine but I miss sitting next to him on the couch right about this time and watching Swamp people. I am watching it right now and he is all I can think of.  I can hear him saying..."Choot Em"! I love my best friend!         
  Angela



No comments: